Jun 18, 2021 | Scott Price | 436 views
AEMHA Annual General Meeting Update
Hey IceDog Nation!
Last evening our Annual General Meeting was held via Zoom. Here are a few updates:
1) We are happy to welcome new President Sean Morphy to our organization. While Sean is new to AEMHA, he certainly isn't new to organized sport. Thanks Sean for stepping up!
2) We also welcome Rob Searson as our new Tournament Convenor. Rob will also be a new voting member on our Executive for the coming season. Rob takes over for Kelly Hesch and Ang Pawley. Kelly will be staying on the Executive as a voting member but we say goodbye to Ang, who we can all agree was amazing at running tournaments. Thanks Ang for your time and dedication to AEMHA.
3) Robyn Livingston will our new Parent Contact Rep. Robyn takes over from Karen Hurst who did an amazing job the last few seasons keeping our Team Parent Reps organized and making sure our players were outfitted and photographed.
4) We also want to thank Bob Patterson and Jeff Irwin for their roles on the Executive the past few seasons. While they are not returning to the Executive this upcoming season, I know they will still be active in our Association helping out on the ice.
5) Our website is updated with the new roles or continuing roles within AEMHA. Please take a look when you get a chance.
6) REGISTRATION - STAY TUNED FOR REGISTRATION FOR THE UPCOMING 2021/2022 SEASON. WE HAVE A NEW ONLINE WAY OF REGISTERING -- ITS COMING (YOU DIDN'T MISS IT)--CHECK YOUR INBOX, FACEBOOK AND THIS WEBSITE FOR THE GREEN LIGHT TO REGISTER.
7) Finally, I would like to thank everyone for making my time as President / Vice-President a great one. The year of Covid wasn't easy but I think our organization (from Executive, Coaches, Trainers, Refs, Parents and Players hit a home run and made a difficult situation a pretty good one. I came into the Association with nothing but a love and passion for the game of hockey and many many people helped me stick handle through the politics of hockey. I am grateful for that. I will be staying with the Executive in the role of Past President to help Sean with the transition to his new role.