Good morning IceDog Nation!
It is a great day for hockey as our great country celebrates Hockey Day in Canada...lots to celebrate in IceDog Nation too! Our Atom Rep Team got a big win last night in their WOAA playoffs and the PeeWee Rep Team advanced in their OMHA playoffs with a hard fought 2-1 win.
Just a couple of notes from the Executive:
- please fill out the online Coach Evaluation forms on our website (click the tab online forms)...there you will also find Coach and Volunteer of the Year forms.
It is very important that families do this so we can make the best decisions for future seasons.
- Local League Playoff Meetings are this week and their playoff schedules will be posted soon after. Good luck to all the teams!
- Our Major Novice Teams have graduated to full ice and are looking in fine form as they head into their playoff tournaments in March.
- Arran-Elderslie Minor Hockey Association is seeking an individual (s) to volunteer and fill a couple of positions:
1) Novice and Below Coordinator position for the 2020-2021 season. A summary of the position is as follows:
· Attend information sessions and stay current through electronic communication with the Novice and Below OMHA/Hockey Canada initiatives
· Serve as a communication liason for the AEMHA Novice and Below program for members; the board and other associations
· Recruit coaches, trainers, parent representatives, managers, etc. for all Novice and below teams
This could easily be a shared position and the current Coordinators are willing to support this year to help learn the role.
2) Town Contact - a liaison between AEMHA and WOAA/OMHA
- submit rosters
- current Town Contact (Sean Leask) has offered to help with the transition
3) Equipment Manager - our Equipment room is located in the Chesley Arena. This could also be a shared position. Current Equipment Manager (Brandon Randall) will help with transition.
Please consider volunteering to keep our early years of our association thriving! If interested, please contact Margie Wathke (519-374-3694) or Scott Price (519-477-1546).
Our Annual General Meeting is in May and we will need to have these positions filled at that meeting.
Enjoy Hockey Day in Canada everyone and see you at the rink!!!
President of AEMHA